Heirloom Tomatoes, Basil & Fresh Mozzarella
Makes 4 each, 10" Pizzas, total time:
- 2 pounds fresh tomatoes, heirloom or garden
- Sea salt
- Black pepper, cracked
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup fresh basil, torn into pieces
- 1 pound fresh mozzarella
- 1 recipe Silver Oak Pizza Dough
- Extra olive oil for brushing crust
- Cut tomatoes into quarters and crush the pieces by hand into a mixing bowl. Add sea salt, black pepper, olive oil and basil. Mix thoroughly.
- Slice the fresh mozzarella thin and pat dry with paper towels.
- Prepare your wood or home oven and spin the pizza dough to the desired thickness (see Silver Oak Pizza Dough).
- Spread the chopped tomatoes over the pizza dough leaving a 1-inch space around the rim. Layer with slices of fresh mozzarella.
- Bake pizza.
- Remove from oven, brush rim of pizza with olive oil and serve immediately.